What is Heart Palpitation?
Heart palpitations are accompanied by fast heart rate, flapping, or pounding heartbeat. Stress, exercise, medicine, or, seldom, a clinical illness is the reason for heart palpitation.
Even if heart palpitations can be alarming, they’re generally harmless. In rare cases, they can be a symptom of more dangerous heart disease, such as an unusual pulse rate (arrhythmia), that might need medical intervention.
If you think that you are experiencing an irregular heartbeat, Then you need urgent Cardiology Services. At ER of Dallas, we have advanced medical facilities, and we can treat any ailment, including tachycardia causes.
Causes of Heart Palpitation (Tachycardia)
Heart Palpitation happens when something impedes the electrical stimulation that regulates the blood-circulating function of the heart. The pulse may still be at regular durations, but the interval will be short, and the heart will beat fast than usual.
Many triggers stimulate Tachycardia; known causes of Tachycardia include:
- Heart disease
- Congenital heart defects
- Strenuous Physical Activity
- Lack of Blood
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Use of Hallucinogen
- Overactive thyroid
- Tea Consumption
- Coffee Cause heart palpitations
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Specific pulmonary disorders
In minor incidents of Tachycardia, you do not require any medical treatment or medicinal use. However, if you feel a heavy heartbeat is pushing your heart to function horribly, you are feeling exhausted, tired, and experiencing pressure on your chest, with a lack of breathing. This implies that your body is not receiving the oxygen-rich blood that helps it to work efficiently.
You might be in danger of developing palpitations if you:
- Anxious or nervousness
- Have an angst condition or experience anxiety fits
- Expecting child
- Taking pills that include medications, such as some cold or asthma medicines
- Have an intense pituitary gland (hyperthyroidism)
- Have other heart issues, for example, an arrhythmia, a heart weakness, prior heart attack, or heart operation
Preventing heart palpitations
If the heart specialist sees your symptoms as not worthy of treatment, then you can take these measures to alleviate the chances of getting palpitation:
- Try to pinpoint your causes so that you can avoid them. Record your daily activities on a dairy, along with the food habits and drinks, and note which meals trigger palpitation
- Yoga or meditation is an excellent way to alleviate or lessen your mental worries and anxieties.
- Restrict or halt your consumption of caffeine. Do not use energy refreshments.
- Avoid smoking or using a tobacco product
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat Well Balanced Diet
- Reduce liquor consumption.
- Regulate Blood pressure and cholesterol level in the body
When to Seek Medical Attention for Tachycardia
Most individuals experience spells of heart palpitations, and it is quite normal. But if you are going through more severe illnesses which cause nausea, exhaustion, or tightness or pressure in your chest area, then you need to visit our ER center, so we can take an in-depth look into the indications that you are suffering from:
- Chest pain
- Heart failure
- Fast Beating of heart
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
Experiencing these symptoms requires urgent care treatment in our health care facility. We are a 24/7, 365 days operating medical facility. We are available for your emergency necessities and health worries, and we have all of the instruments needed to identify and cure most clinical illnesses. Our licensed doctors will look after you within the comforts of our well-stocked medical establishment.